Indian Premier League commissioner Lalit Modi has threatened to sue Rendezvous Sports. The action comes after Rendevous alleged that Modi had bribed them to withdraw from the race.
Rendezvous Sports on Wednesday alleged that Modi had offered a US$ 50 million as bribe.
"We were offered $50 million by Modi to withdraw from the Kochi team" Shailendra Gaikwad, CEO of the franchise, alleged within hours of Modi telling reporters that there was a question mark over the fate of the new team, secured by a bid of Rs 1533 crore last month.
Terming as "rubbish" the charges, Modi said: "Are they mad. Who will offer them what they say Rs 200 crore. I will take legal recourse."
Asked when he would initiate the legal action, he said "I am awaiting the clippings (in which Gaikwad had made allegation). Once I have that, I will serve them legal notice... possibly tomorrow."