rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Sports » Snubbed Pak decide against CLT20 participation

Snubbed Pak decide against CLT20 participation

February 26, 2010 09:58 IST

PCB chairman Ejaz Butt does not see any chance of Pakistan being represented in the second edition of the lucrative Champions League this year.

Butt on Wednesday said the winners of the national T20 championship starting from February 28 in Karachi would not be going to the Champions League.

"I have already spoken to Lalit Modi about this and there is no chance of any team from Pakistan playing in the Champions League this year," he said.

Butt said the PCB policy on the Indian Premier League and Champions League remained unchanged after the way Pakistani players were ignored at the IPL players' auction.

"After the way our players were treated I don't see our players or teams taking part in the Champions League this year," he said.

The IPL is yet to announce the venue for this year's Champions League although South Africa claims it has been given hosting rights.

India hosted the first edition last year but Pakistan, which was originally included among the participating teams, was dropped after the Mumbai attacks in 2008.

But Modi recently said they were chances of Pakistan taking part in the Champions League this year, a thought not shared by Butt.

"Our future participation in the IPL and Champions League remains undecided but this year at least, we are not taking part in either event," he said.

© Copyright 2013 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.