- R Ashwin, Virat Kohli and Naman Ojha made their Twenty20 International debut for India. A total of 32 players have now represented India in this form of cricket. Ed Rainsford became the 26th Zimbabwe player to make a T20I appearance.
- This match was the first Twenty20 international between these two sides. This was also the first ever Twenty20 international on Zimbabwean soil.
- Pragyan Ojha conceded only 11 runs in his four overs -- the most economical figures by an Indian in T20 internationals.
Most economical figures by Indians in T20Is (in 4-over spells):
- Zimbabwe's total of 111-9 is the lowest ever total by any side against India. The previous lowest was 112-8 by Ireland at Nottingham on 10-Jun-2009.
- Lowest totals against India in T20Is:
- Yusuf Pathan (36 not out) made his highest score in Twenty20 internationals, beating the 33 not out against England at Lord's on 14-June-2009.
- Pathan hit more sixes (3) than the fours (2) in his innings -- this is a pattern he has followed all through his T20I career. In his 17 match career, Pathan has hit 10 fours and 15 sixes. Only one player has bigger difference in career tally of fours and sixes -- 6 for New Zealand's Craig McMillan (8 fours and 14 sixes).
- India won the match with 30 balls to spare. This makes it their second biggest win in terms of balls in this format of the game. They had beaten Afghanistan with 31 balls to spare at Gros Islet on 01-May-2010.